How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online Step by Step Process: Linking a PAN card with Aadhaar is now mandatory. According to the Income Tax Department, if the PAN card is not linked with the Aadhar card by the stipulated time, then your PAN card will be deactivated. The Central Government has extended the last date for linking PAN and Aadhar cards to 31 March 2022, Union Minister Anurag Thakur gave this information on Friday.
Earlier this last date was 30 September 2021, which has now been extended. For those who have not yet linked PAN and Aadhaar, this step of the government is going to give relief. Linking PAN with Aadhaar is quite easy. You can also link it sitting at home with the help of the internet.
Importance of Linking Aadhar Pan Card?
Now it is becoming mandatory to link PAN card details with Aadhar, keeping this in mind the income tax department has also made it mandatory. If there is any kind of correction in your Aadhar, then do Aadhar card correction immediately because your Aadhar and pan information should match. How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online?
How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online with Official Website?
This is the first method of How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online with Official Website, in which the information of PAN card and Aadhar card like- name, address, etc. should be the same, otherwise you will have to get them corrected only after that you can follow this process.
- First of all, one has to go to the e-filing website ‘www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in’ of the Income Tax Department. After going to the website, you have to scroll down a little below you will see the option of “Link Aadhaar”, click on it. Now a window will open in front of you.
- After the window opens, you have to write your PAN number, Aadhaar number, and your name on your Aadhaar card. And then you have to write your mobile number.
- In the next option, you will see the option of “I Have Only Year Of Birth In Aadhaar Card” if your full Date of Birth is written on your Aadhaar card then do not tick it, and if only your Birth Year is written then this option Tick it.
- Below this you will see another check box ‘I Agree to Validate My Aadhaar Details’ which means I agree to validate my Aadhaar information, tick it and click on ‘Link Aadhar’. On clicking, the PAN card will be linked with your Aadhar card.
So this was the first method, about How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online, now let’s talk about the second method in the how-to link Aadhar with Pan card process.
How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online with SMS?
If you want to know any other way of how to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online with SMS, then you can link PAN card with Aadhar card through SMS, for which you have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to type a message in this format. UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- After typing the message, send it to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
- If your Aadhaar number is 98******12 and your PAN number is AB******4F, then you will get UIDPAN 98******12 AB******4F and send a message to 567674 or 56161.
Note: If for any reason there has been a mistake in your Aadhaar, then you can rectify it in the following ways.
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
- Carry a self-attested copy of your proof of identity ie photocopy.
- Fill out the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
- Submit the form along with the documents.
- You will get a receipt indicating the update request number.
- This URN can be used to know the status of your update.
- Once the correct update is done, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar.
How to check the status of PAN card – whether it is linked with Aadhar card or not:
If you want to know whether your Aadhar card is linked with a PAN card or not, then you can follow this process. If your PAN-Aadhaar is already linked, then its message will also appear on the screen.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Here you click on “Aadhaar Status”
- Here you have to enter your PAN and Aadhaar number, click on “View Link Aadhaar Status”.
- Then the status will come in front of you whether your Aadhar is linked with a PAN card or not.
What are the details required to check PAN Aadhaar link status?
1. Pan Card Number.
2. Aadhar Card Number.
3. Official website of the Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
️Is it mandatory to link the Aadhaar and PAN cards?
Linking a PAN card with Aadhaar is now mandatory. According to the Income Tax Department, if the PAN card is not linked with the Aadhar card by the stipulated time, then your PAN card will be deactivated.
You must have learned How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online by these easy methods mentioned by us. If you follow these easy steps then your PAN card will be easily linked with Aadhaar. Income Tax Department has added a new link of Pan Card Link Aadhar in view of some problems, due to which you can easily link your PAN card with Aadhar card.
If you have any problem in linking PAN card with Aadhar card or you have any questions related to it, then you can tell us by commenting How to Link Aadhaar with Pan Card Online method if you liked it then do not forget to share it so that other people Could get this info too, thanks!